- 1. APPLICATION
- 2. PERSONAL INFORMATION
- 3. SHISEIDO ONLINE MEMBER
- 4. CHILDREN
- 5. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
- 6. SECURITY
- 7. COOKIE
- 8. LINKS
- 9. CONTACTING US AND COMPLAINTS
COSMAX PRESTIGE BRANDS PTY LTD. ABN 72 168 417 730, a licensed distributor of Shiseido products, (“Shiseido” or “We”, “Our”, or “Us”) is committed to protecting your privacy and ensuring that your Membership Information (as defined below) and other information that could reasonably identify you (collectively "Personal Information") is protected.
This Policy may be changed from time to time by posting its updated version on the Website or by sending an e-mail to Shiseido online members. Your continued access to, or use of, the website, will be taken to be your agreement to and acceptance of any change.
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION
If you are not signed-in as a Member, you can visit and browse our Website generally without revealing your Personal Information However, anonymous information may be collected in accordance with paragraph 7.
However, in the event you would like to become a member of the Shiseido Online Membership scheme, you need to register your: (a) first name and family name; (b) user name and password; (c) e-mail address; and (d) personal identification number (collectively “Membership Information”) with the Website.
In addition to Membership information we also collect information about your activities and interests arising from your use of the Website as a member. We collect the membership information from you when you register with us. We collect other personal information by monitoring your browsing activity and interactions with the Website. Your information is held and updated electronically from the information you give us and arising from your activities from time to time.
As a member of the Shiseido Online Membership scheme, you can enjoy the following Services for Members free of charge, but you are responsible for the payment of communication charges and provider fees to obtain access to the Website. The Services for Members are:
- (i)receive e-mail updates on, amongst others, new products or campaign information, from Shiseido;
- (ii)access to your Member’s Page;
- (iii)participate in online campaigns or competitions on the Website;*
- (iv)post and browse comments or product reviews; and
- (v)when you wish to request any information or material from Shiseido.
- Please note that services (iii) are available only to Members who reside in Australia.
After your registration of your Membership Information, you may choose to cease becoming a member and stop receiving the Services for Members above at any time by taking the steps prescribed on the Website. Otherwise, if you let us know, we will promptly stop providing information to you after confirming relevant information.
We use your personal information to simplify online purchasing and product delivery, for improving the relevance of special offers and advertising campaigns, to customize our offerings to you and for improving and developing our products and services. Specific uses of personal information are also described in our clause 4 of our Shiseido Online Membership Policy.
If you do not provide us with your personal information, we may be unable to provide you with the information, goods or services you have requested and will not be able to improve the relevance of information and services offered to you.
3. SHISEIDO ONLINE MEMBER
On the Member Page within the Website, registered members have access to their own Personal Information and are able to confirm, at any time by themselves, whether such information is accurate and updated. If you do not wish to disclose your Personal Information, you are free to withdraw from membership at any time at the Request Membership Deactivation Page.
⇒⇒ GO TO SHISEIDO ONLINE MEMBER PAGES
⇒⇒ SEE SHISEIDO ONLINE MEMBER POLICY
The Websites are directed toward and designed for use by persons aged 13 or older. Shiseido Cosmetics will not approve applications of, or establish or maintain accounts or memberships for, any child whom Shiseido Cosmetics knows to be under the age of 13. Shiseido Cosmetics does not solicit or knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. If Shiseido Cosmetics nevertheless discovers that it has received Personally Identifiable Information from an individual who indicates that he or she is, or whom Shiseido Cosmetics otherwise has reason to believe is, under the age of 13, Shiseido Cosmetics will delete such information from its systems. Additionally, a child's parent or legal guardian may request that the child's information be corrected or deleted from Shiseido Cosmetics’ files by contacting Shiseido Cosmetics at email@example.com.
5. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES
Subject to this clause 5, we do not share your Personal Information with any company outside of Shiseido unless we have clearly asked for and obtained your consent. By accessing and using this Website as a Member, you agree to the following use and disclosure of your Personal Information, as detailed in Clause 5 of the Membership Policy.
- Sharing with third-party business partners
- We rely on third-party business partners perform a variety of services on our behalf. In so doing, Shiseido may let service providers use certain Member information - that is, the Member’s First name, Family name, User name and E-mail address - for the joint marketing and promotion of products, services, or events that may be of interest to you. This is in accordance with Clause 5.2 of the Member Policy. Please note that the information specified in Clause 5.2 of the Member Policy will only be used by our third-party business partners to the extent they need to perform their services and we require that they protect that information and they will not use it for any other purpose.
However, if you do not want us to let third-party service providers use such information, you may opt-out by notifying Shiseido in the following manner.
- Disclosure to third-party data processor
- We may use service providers to help us maintain and operate this Website or for other reasons related to the operation of this Website and Shiseido’s business, and they may receive your Personal Information for that purpose, in accordance with Clause 5.1 of the Member Policy. We provide them the Personal Information they need to provide these services on our behalf. We require these companies to protect the Personal Information and to not use the information for any other purpose.
- Other disclosure
- Shiseido Cosmetics may use unaffiliated companies to help it maintain and operate its Websites, process and fulfill orders or for other reasons related to the operation of its business, and those companies may receive your Personally Identifiable Information for that purpose. Shiseido Cosmetics may also disclose Personally Identifiable Information about you in connection with legal requirements, such as in response to an authorized subpoena, governmental request or investigation, or as otherwise permitted by law. Further, as Shiseido Cosmetics' business develops, it may sell or buy corporate assets, and in such transactions customer information will be shared with such third parties and may be one of the transferred business assets.
Shiseido maintains strict procedures and standards and takes all reasonable care to prevent unauthorized access to your Personal Information that we may hold and to protect the security of it when transmitted from you directly over the internet.
However, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as fully secure and you acknowledge that you submit information over the internet at your own risk. Once we receive your Personal Information, we will take all reasonable steps to protect the data which we hold.
The types of measures we take vary with the type of information and how it is collected and stored. We require our employees, agents, contractors and data processors to respect the confidentiality of any Personal Information held by us.
As with most websites, when you visit the Website, certain anonymous information about your visit is automatically logged, which may include, but is not limited to, information about the type of browser you use, the server name and IP address through which you access the internet, the date and time you access the Website, the pages you access while at this Website, and the internet address of the website, if any, from which you have been linked to this Website.
We may obtain such information by placing a "cookie" on your computer's hard drive and by using a "web beacon" so we can recognize you as a return user and personalize your experience.
The cookie will be stored on your computer's hard drive until you remove it.
By accessing and using this Website, you have agreed to our placement of such cookies on your computer and our use of web beacons. You shall take the necessary steps should you wish to prevent your web browser from accepting cookies and/or allowing the use of web beacons.
9. CONTACTING US AND COMPLAINTS
If at any time you wish to know what Personal Information about you that we are holding, or if you have any questions or inquiries concerning your Personal Information, please contact us directly by clicking here or by contacting us at [firstname.lastname@example.org].
If you have a complaint that we have breached any:
- (i)applicable privacy law; and/or
- (ii)registered privacy code that we are subject to,
- in Australia, please contact us at email@example.com On receiving your complaint we will:
- (a)acknowledge receipt with 14 days.
- (b)investigate your complaint.
- (c)advise you regarding the outcome of our investigation and any action we have decided to take in relation the matter.
DATE: August 22, 2014